First of all this is a great great movie. Below are the point:
1) The story is based on Chinese believe and it's ghost mythology. So if you are not a Chinese you will not be able to understand all the funny funny things in it. My advise go and get a Chinese friend alone and let them tell you more while you were watching.
2) the story despite is an old vampire story, but pack with a lot of new story and believe in it. It doesn't make you feel like watching and old common vampire story.
3) you see a lot of ghost in it, which is perfect. In korean ghost story, you sometime only see the real ghost appear in the last minute.
4) The way they use the slow motion in the movie is also great.
5) the story line was great too. and this is what i need to comment most. A lot of ppl find it not understandable like the person on top of this review. This is because you need to understand Chinese culture to understand it. Everyone in the story play an important role, and every scene is co-related, so if u miss one scene, you will not understand the rest of the movie, which make this movie even better.
6)This movie really able to scare you off. Don't believe me..go and watch in the dark alone...dare you.
Action / Horror
Action / Horror
In this eerie and chilling, contemporary, action/special effects laden homage to the classic Chinese vampire movies of the 1980's, writer-director-producer, Juno Mak makes his feature directorial debut. Co-produced by J-Horror icon Takashi Shimizu, and reuniting some of the original cast members of the classic Mr. Vampire series, RIGOR MORTIS is set in a creepy and moody Hong Kong public housing tower whose occupants we soon discover, run the gamut from the living to the dead, to the undead, along with ghosts, vampires and zombies.
Uploaded By: FREEMAN
August 12, 2019 at 11:33 AM